Creative Media Production is an exciting two-year full time course which provides the knowledge and hands on experience for students who have a keen interest in working in the creative media industries.
This course would particularly suit you if you:
- Have a fascination with all the many aspects of the television & film industry and how it works.
- Want to know how to produce professional media artifacts and are keen to work following industry processes.
- Prefer to work on a modular basis and your strength is in producing creative practical film and TV based work.
- Demonstrate a strong personal interest and commitment to the subject area, as much of the production work will need to be completed outside of lesson hours.
- Want the opportunity to create a full portfolio of work.
- Filming and Editing Techniques - experimenting with different camera setups, editing and post production techniques
- Working as a film production crew - shooting your work on location, running a film set.
- Working in the Creative Media sector - how the industry is structured, creating a professional showreel, finding work as a media practitioner
This course should be studied in combination with two other A Levels or appropriate BTECs of your choice. This is a two year course and students will need to commit to completing both years in order to achieve the qualification.
I have always had a passion for film and was eager to learn more about the craft. I aspire to become a professional filmmaker one day and the practical hands-on experience this course offers was perfect for me.Fiona Picchetti-Geoffroy ex Patcham School
Grade 5 or above GCSE in Media, Film, Photography or Art. Or alternatively a MERIT or above in BTEC Creative Media or Art & Design.
You should also be able to demonstrate a strong interest in TV & Film at interview, either through a previous course of study or personal projects.
If you haven't studied a Media / Arts qualification previously, we will still consider you on the basis of a strong portfolio.Please email portfolio work to: email@example.com