The course will challenge you both physically and mentally and push you to become a thinking dancer whilst developing strong creative and technical dance skills. This course promotes both professionalism and artistry and is excellent preparation for those wishing to study and train in dance at higher level. At the same time it is also accessible to anyone with a genuine interest and passion for dance.
The course is an exciting and practical two-year programme of study that is assessed via practical internal and external assessment, coursework and vocational projects. There will be trips to see a diverse range of performances, as well as the chance to work with visiting dance companies and professional choreographers. Students will have a number of performance opportunities throughout the year.
- Study a range of work by cutting edge choreographers and learn and perform repertory from these works.
- Learn how to choreograph innovative and creative work for live performance.
- Experience a taste of the world of the working dancer through a range of classes and workshops.
- Learn how to experiment with movement and develop creativity.
- Work together as a professional company in a creative environment to produce a full-length piece of work that is performed in a professional theatre space, during the summer term.
- Form a dance company and learn how to market and promote your own performance event for Brighton Fringe Festival.
- Dance Leadership Award: The programme includes community dance outreach activities, leading workshops and working with others as well as assisting at Let's Dance at The Dome, Brighton.