The Single BTEC Level 3 (equivalent to one A level) is a two year practical course that will suit creative individuals who enjoy innovative theatre practice and working with others. Group work and project related research are emphasised alongside skills workshops which aim to develop acting to a high standard. You will:
- Investigate the work of directors and participate in workshops to develop acting styles and techniques
- Develop skills for live performance
- Work as an ensemble in a creative environment producing work for performance to a range of audiences in different venues
The Double BTEC Level 3 (equivalent to two A levels) is a two year intensive programme structured around the creation of performance projects. You will have workshops in voice and acting skills throughout the course, participate in scripted and devised performances and have opportunities for involvement in Brighton’s vibrant theatre scene through theatre visits and performances in local venues.
In addition to the areas explored in the single BTEC Level 3 above you will:
- Learn how to plan, budget and market performances
- Create commission-based performance
- Develop storytelling for performance skills
- Take part in a major performance project
Both Sub-Diploma and Diploma are exciting and practical two year programmes. There is a significant amount of written coursework in each. Theatre visits locally and to London are an important part of the course and will incur additional costs. At times students will be called for rehearsals outside timetabled lessons.
PLEASE NOTE: In contemporary and classical texts, playwrights engage with difficult ideas and actions as a means of exploring, understanding and challenging assumptions about the world we live in. The plays we teach may have challenging themes. Potential students should take this into account when choosing courses.
Double BTEC Level 3 (equivalent to 2 A Levels)
A background of successful experience in productions.Including a Grade 5 in GCSE Drama (if taken).