WHAT WILL I STUDY?
Creative Media Production is an exciting two-year full time course which provides the knowledge and hands on experience for students who have a keen interest in working in the creative media industries. Explore creative & artistic ideas, work to a professional standard on 'live' briefs.
This course would particularly suit you if you:
- have a fascination with all the many aspects of the television & film industry and how it works;
- want to know how to produce professional media artefacts and are keen to work following industry processes;
- prefer to work on a modular basis and your strength is in producing creative practical film and TV based work;
- demonstrate a strong personal interest and commitment to the subject area, as much of the production work will need to be completed outside of lesson hours;
- are considering a career in the Creative Media sector, as you will work on 'live' projects; create a full portfolio of work and have opportunities to meet and work with industry professionals.
- Filming and Editing Techniques - experimenting with different camera setups, alternative editing and post production techniques
- Working on a film set - work as a professional production crew shooting your own film work on location
- Working in the Creative Media sector - how the industry is structured, creating a professional showreel, finding work as a media practitioner
This course should be studied in combination with two other A Levels or appropriate BTECs of your choice. This is a two year course and students will need to commit to completing both years in order to achieve the qualification.
"I have always had a passion for film and was eager to learn more about the craft. I aspire to become a professional filmmaker one day and the practical hands-on experience this course offers was perfect for me."
Fiona Picchetti-Geoffroy, ex Patcham School
The Creative Media Production course is equivalent to 1 A Level.
Standard advanced course requirements plus
Grade 5 or above GCSE in Art or Media
Merit or above in BTEC Diploma Art & Design
You should be able to demonstrate a strong interest in TV & Film at interview, either through a previous course of study, personal projects or portfolio work.
HOW THE COURSE IS ASSESSED:
You will be assessed in a variety of ways: tutor observation, portfolio work, research assignments, individual and group projects, and through working on live briefs..
Further study at FE level, HND or Degree in specialist Creative and Media areas or other more general subjects, employment and/or further work-based training where appropriate
Teamwork and communication skills; creative writing; independent working and decision making; time management and organisation.
Throughout the course students build a portfolio of quality work which will prove invaluable for university or employer interviews in the future. Did You Know? The core UK film industry now contributes approximately £4.6 billion per year to the UK economy (source: www.bfi.org.uk)
Nicola Bailey firstname.lastname@example.org