HOW WILL THIS COURSE HELP ME?
Further study at FE level, HND or Degree in specialist Creative and Media areas or other more general subjects, employment and/or further work-based training where appropriate.
Team work & communication skills; creative thinking; Independent working & decision making; time management & organisation
WHAT WILL I STUDY?
The CTEC Level 3 course in Creative Media Production is an exciting 2 year course which provides the knowledge and hands on experience for students who have a keen interest in working in the creative media industries.
This course would particularly suit you if you:
- have a fascination with all the many aspects of the television & film industry and how it works;
- want to know how to develop your practical skills & produce professional media artefacts
- prefer to work on a modular basis and your strength is in producing creative practical film and TV based work;
- demonstrate a strong personal interest and commitment to the subject area, as much of the production work will need to be completed outside of lesson hours;
- are considering a career in the Creative Media sector, as you will work on creative briefs and create a portfolio of work
- Filming and Editing Techniques - experiment with different camera set ups, alternative editing and post production techniques
- Shooting a Music Video- work on a project brief shooting a music video for an unsigned band
- Creating a TV Programme- shoot using a multi-camera format in a fully equipped TV studio
- Working on a film set - work as a professional production crew shooting your own moving image work on location
- Working in the Creative Media Sector - research career opportunities in industry, create a professional showreel, plan your next steps after college.
CTEC Level 3 (equivalent to 1 A Level).
Standard advanced course requirements plus
Grade 5 or B in GCSE Art or Media
Merit or Distinction in BTEC Level 2 First Certificate in Art & Design
You should be able to demonstrate a strong interest in TV & Film at interview, either through a previous course of study, personal projects or portfolio work.
HOW THE COURSE IS ASSESSED:
You will be assessed in a variety of ways: tutor observation, portfolio work, research assignments, individual and group projects.
OCR (Cambridge Technical)
Throughout the course students build a portfolio of quality work which will prove invaluable for university or employer interviews in the future.