Sometimes we find ourselves 'stuck' in some way. When this happens, it's good to talk to someone who
understands and perhaps has struggled with the same sorts of things. Peer mentors are a group of
students who have all been in college for at least one year and have had training in supporting others.
Many of us have joined the scheme because we have benefited from mentoring ourselves.
I Would Like To Become A Mentor
What happens if you have a mentor?
- You will be paired up with a mentor who is someone we think you will get on with
- You get to agree a meeting time that suits you and your timetable
- You will meet your mentor in a room in the college where you can feel comfortable
- You decide what you want to talk about and how you would like your mentor to help
How confidential is mentoring?
- You can talk openly to your mentor; we are not going to discuss what you say with other students
- As mentors we have our own confidential support too. This helps us talk through any issues in a safe
and private way.
- We will be direct and honest if we need to share anything you say within our own confidential
I Would Like A Mentor
If you would like to request a mentor please contact Helen Chong directly on email@example.com