UCAS for Ex Students
- UCAS deadline for Oxbridge/Medicine/Veterinary/Dentistry - 15 October 2021
- UCAS main deadline - 26 January 2022
- Varndean College deadline for Oxbridge, Medicine, Veterinary, Dentistry, 29th September 2021
- Varndean College deadline for other applications 3rd December
After 3rd December 2021 we cannot guarantee your application will be processed by the main UCAS deadline.
STEP 1 - Start your Application
Request a reference, using the link below. You will need to register to use the ex-student portal, set a password and verify your email address. You can then login to the portal and request your reference. You will also be able to access your exam results.Request a Reference
STEP 2 - Register for UCAS 2022 and Link your Application
Please follow these instructions very carefully
- Go to: https://www.ucas.com/students
- Under '2022 Entry' click on 'Create account'
- Fill in the 'REGISTER' form using a personal email address and click 'Register'
- Verify your account
- Click on 'Ready' to start.
- Choose the year you wish your studies to start at university.
- Select 'Undergraduate'
- Select whether you would like additional information on 'Apprenticeships' or 'Conservatories'
- Enter your postcode of your home address.
- Add your preferences with regards to 'Stay up-to-date with unis, colleges, offers and more'.
- Enter your Mobile Number
- Choose the subjects you are interested in.
- 'Get the right support - Are you still at school/college' click 'No'
- Click 'Create account'.
- You will then be taken to 'Your Hub' within UCAS .
- When ready click on 'Your Application', then 'Start'.
- Select 'Undergraduate Degrees, HNDs and HNCs' and click on 'Select application type'.
- 'Are you applying from a school, college, or centre?' click 'No'
- 'Centre information' click on 'Link to a school, college, or centre'.
- It will state: 'By linking to a centre, any reference and predicted grades already provided will be deleted. The centre will be required to approve your request to link to them. Do you want to proceed?' click 'Yes'
- 'Link to a school, college, or centre using a Buzzword' click 'continue'.
- Enter our buzzword: Varndean22
- Press 'Save Buzzword'.
- It should then state that your buzzword is for Varndean College
- Surrenden Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 6WQ
- Is this correct click 'Yes'.
- 'You have linked your application to Varndean College. Select group 'Ex-Students'
- 'Application Status' it will say 'you requested to link your application to Varndean College.
- In order for us to accept your application, you MUST also request a reference using the ex-student portal (STEP 1)
STEP 3 - Complete UCAS application form
- You will not be able to pay and send your application until all the relevant sections have been saved and marked as complete.
- Paying for your application does not send it directly to UCAS. It comes first to Varndean College for us to check, approve and add your reference. Varndean College then send your application to UCAS.
- After 7 September 2021, when your application is complete, please submit it and pay by credit or debit card online. Please check your emails regularly as we may need to return your application to you and let you know of any necessary amendments.
- If you have correctly followed STEP 1 and STEP 2 we will then aim to add your reference and send the completed application to UCAS on your behalf within 10 working days. You will receive a confirmation email from UCAS when this has been done.