Welcome to our Student Alumni pages. The main purpose is to provide a permanent link between the College and its former students.
Are You A Past Student?
If you are, please get in touch, we would love to hear what you have been up to since leaving us. Please send us a photo, a couple of paragraphs about what you are doing now and where you have been; and any useful quotes/reflections/pieces advice to current students. You can email us at email@example.com
As a College we warmly welcome involvement in the community, and this doesn't stop when you leave? We want to continue supporting you through your career and in turn kindly ask our alumni to remember us fondly and give back where they can.
All gifts, no matter their size, make a real difference. Added together they create an important resource to ensure Varndean College continued success and excellence into the future. If you would like to make a donation, please see the information below.
A Single Gift
Cheques can be made payable to Varndean College. Alternatively, a card payment can be made in person or by telephone at the Finance Office.
A Regular Gift
Donations that we receive regularly, on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis, allow us to plan ahead with confidence. If you would like to make a regular donation to please let us know.
If you are a UK taxpayer, every £10 you give with Gift Aid is worth £12.50 to the College at no extra cost to yourself, this is of enormous benefit. To make a Gift Aid Donation either as a single or a regular gift, please complete the Gift Aid section of the Donation Form before returning the form to us.
Thank you for supporting Varndean College.
- Visual Arts Alumni
- Our Roll of Honour Plaque(honouring those who fell in the First and Second World Wars)
Over the years, some students from the College have gone on to achieve outstanding success in a huge variety of different fields. Some have gone on to become relatively well known – indeed, past students include:
- Adam Azmy, director
- Josh Barker, studying Film, TV & Digital Production at Royal Holloway
- Bobby Barry, musician
- Jack Carter and Ashley Raim film students
- Peter Chisnall - first class honours degree in textile design
- Gwendoline Christie, actress (including Game of Thrones)
- Tasie Dhanraj, actress
- Sofia Duplain, chef
- Tommy Fraser, footballer (Brighton and Hove Albion)
- Veronica Freeborn, vet
- Darren Freeman, footballer (Brentford, Fulham and Brighton and Hove Albion)
- Dan Gill and Liam Stanley history and politics students
- Ruby Glaskin, creative producer
- Lucy Griffiths, actress
- Samuel Hailey-Watts, artist
- Alice Howard-Graham and Kerry Seaton, print designer and jewellery maker
- Alice Howard Graham, textiles
- Phoebe Gunpath, Kirsty Frampton, Jake Tapsall, Lauren Kenny, Danny Glebocki, Beth Pike, law students
- May Hands - artist - first solo exhibition - 'Freschissimi' at the T293 Gallery, Rome
- Milo Hartnoll, artist
- Roddy Hawkins, academic
- Stephen Hellman, barrister
- Jacko Hooper, musician
- Tessa James, researcher for Constable Exhibition at Brighton Museum
- Natasha Kaplinsky, television presenter
- Des Lynam , presenter
- Russell Martin, footballer (Wycombe Wanderers, Peterborough, Norwich City)
- Lisa Francesca Nand, journalist and broadcaster
- Chris Nightingale, sports presenter
- Helen Pamely, lawyer
- Jake Parsons, musician
- Joe Porter £10,000 grant from Sport Technology Innovation Fund for PowerRide global warming solution
- Dan and Tom Searle, twin musicians from the Brighton based band Architects
- Tom Sissons, slam poet
- Nathalie Spencer
- Will Steer, Editor and Colourist
- Rebecca Stephens, musician
- Hobbie Stuart, singer
- Tom Trott, Author and Screenwriter
- Ben Quilter, judo, paralympian