If you are fascinated by life and living processes and want to learn more about topics such as Genetics & DNA, Molecular Biology, Physiology and Ecology, then Biology is an obvious choice for you. It will help you to develop a much more detailed scientific knowledge and understanding of the subject.
As well as gaining a sound understanding of biological principles you will become aware of advances in technology relevant to Biology and recognise the value and responsible use of Biology in society.
The AQA specification is an exciting way to learn Biology. Topics are taught within a theme that enables you to put the biological principles and processes into context, making them seem more relevant. Biology is also a required, or at least desirable, subject for a number of career pathways.
- Biological molecules
- Organisms exchange substances with their environment
- Genetic information, variation and relationships between organisms
- Energy transfers in and between organisms
- Organisms respond to changes in their internal and external environments
- Genetics, populations, evolution and ecosystems
- The control of gene expression
Biology was a subject I enjoyed previously and I am considering a career in the industry in the future. The class atmosphere and teacher have always created an enjoyable atmosphere in which to learn so I have always looked forward to lessons.Abigail Holland Owen ex Warden Park School
Grade 5 in GCSE Maths