German classes are varied and dynamic, including lots of conversation practice, role plays and grammar exercises to help you become a fluent speaker. You will use a wide range of resources, develop your language skills and broaden your knowledge of German culture. You will have the opportunity to participate in a trip abroad, for example, Berlin or Vienna. There are weekly conversation sessions in small groups or in pairs with the language assistant.
National statistics prove that if you have a language qualification you have a significantly greater chance of being employed and of landing the best jobs and yet only one in ten people continue with a language after GCSE. So, if you speak German, you will be in demand in just about every field of employment. Make sure you are one of the people who have that advantage!
Theme 1: Social development in Germany
- Nature and the Environment
- The world of work
Theme 2: Political and artistic culture in the German-speaking world.
- The role of traditions and festivals
Theme 3: Immigration and German multi-cultural society.
- The positive impact of immigration
- The challenges of immigration and integration.
- The Reaction to Immigration in Society and Government.
Theme 4: The Reunification of Germany
- Society in the GDR before the Reunification.
- Events leading up to the Reunification.
- Germany post 1989.