Spanish is spoken by 470 million people worldwide and it is growing in popularity all the time. If you enjoy being able to communicate in another language and if you are interested in the culture and society of the Spanish speaking world, then we have the course for you.
Year 1Theme 1: The evolution of Spanish society
- Changes in family structures
- The world of work
- The impact of tourism on Spain
- Festivals and Traditions
Year 2Theme 3: Immigration and Spanish multicultural society
- The positive impact of immigration on Spanish Society
- Challenges of immigration and integration in Spain
- Public and social reaction towards immigration in Spain
- The Spanish Civil war (1936-1939)
- The dictatorship of Franco
- The transition from dictatorship to democracy
I have enjoyed learning not only about how to speak the language itself, but also about the various cultures and traditions that some within the Spanish-speaking world. The learning of these different cultures has been really interesting and has made me more open to travelling and enjoying new things.