The Governors of Varndean College
The purpose of this governance section is to give an account of the role and responsibilities of the Governors at Varndean College. We believe that it is right and proper to be open and transparent about our activities and to place in the public domain as much information as is possible subject to rules of confidentiality.
The governing Body of Varndean College is an independent Corporation formed under the Further and Higher Education Act 1992 and comprises 17 members who are selected as follows: 10 Community Governors, the Principal (ex officio), 2 Staff Governors, 2 Parent Governors, 2 Student Governors. The Corporation operates within the Instruments and Articles of Government which detail the Governing Body's powers, rules and regulations.
On this page, we include information about the Governing Body including details of its various Committees and standing orders.
- Instrument and Articles
- Critical Incident Plan
- Code of Conduct (for Gifts & Hospitality please refer to App. 5 on page 11)
- Corporation Standing Orders
- Corporation Committee Structure and Procedures
- Financial Statements 2021
- Financial Statements 2020
- Financial Regulations
- Scheme of Delegation
- Latest Ofsted Inspection Report
- Confidentiality Statement
- Committee Membership 2021-22
- Schedule of Meetings 2021-22
- Cycle of Business 2021-22
- Governance Committee Structure Chart
- Varndean College Students Union Constitution
- Arrangements for obtaining the views of Staff and Students
- Minutes of Governing Body Meetings
Governance Director and Clerk to the Corporation