December 04, 2018
Varndean College once again receives impressive Ofsted report
Following their recent visit, Ofsted inspectors have once again confirmed Varndean College as being a 'good' college, where students thrive and achieve. Many aspects of the report received outstanding recognition and praise, with the College’s major strengths being identified as follows:
- Governors, leaders and managers have developed a highly inclusive culture that allows staff and students to thrive.
- Teachers know their students well and have high expectations. They use their own experiences and expertise to motivate students to achieve.
- Students have positive attitudes to their learning and are proud of their work. They are confident, self-assured, courteous and respectful. They feel that staff treat their health and wellbeing as a priority, which supports them to learn and achieve.
- A Level and vocational students make good progress and achieve well.
- Students on the IB course make outstanding progress. Their achievement is exceptionally high and well above the international average. They develop extremely high levels of skill, knowledge and understanding and the very large majority move on to their first-choice university.
- Students benefit from a broad and balanced curriculum that meets their individual needs.
College Principal, Phil Harland, said: "I am once again delighted with the Ofsted report which its inspectors have returned. Again, it has identified that Varndean College is a highly inclusive college with a culture that allows its students to develop and thrive as individuals, encouraging them to progress and achieve in whichever direction they choose. Progression is not just about developing academically, but also emotionally and socially, and at Varndean College students are supported in every way possible. Students and tutors pride themselves in working well together and I praise my staff for their dedication. I know that the students who come to Varndean are happy students and happy students make successful students."
Janice Robinson, the Chair of Governors added, "Staff and students have yet again shown what a good college Varndean is. My congratulations and thanks go to everyone for their hard work."
For further information, please contact:
Jackie Francis, Marketing Manager, Varndean College, 01273 546611, email@example.com