A Guide to the Application Process
For 19+ adult education students
Please BOOK EARLY! Don't wait until the last minute to enrol as you may find the course is full or that we have had to cancel it due to low enrolment numbers! All course enrolments will close two weeks before the start of the course.
Enrol Online (excluding CPCAB Courses)
You can now enrol online for all Language (excluding GCSE), Photography & IT, Arts & Crafts, General Interest, Music & Health & Personal Development courses. Browse our list of courses and click the Apply button to start the process.
For Qualification Courses
If you are interested in one of our qualification courses, please contact us on 01273 546602 or via email at email@example.com. We will need to ensure that you are applying for the most suitable course for you and will give you advice and guidance
You will need to complete the appropriate enrolment form for your course, which can be found on the relavent course page by clicking apply. You will also need to provide appropriate evidence on enrolment if you wish to claim concessions more information can be found here.
Other ways to Enrol - (please enrol online where possible)
- By Telephone - Call 01273 546604 Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm
- By Email - Send your completed enrolment form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Post - Send your completed enrolment form to The Registry, Varndean College, Surrenden Road, Brighton, BN1 6WQ
Once your application is approved our Finance Team will send you a link to make a secure payment. You will not be allowed to join the course without completion of paperwork and paymentPlease Note:
- We do not send out acknowledgements of bookings. You should assume your application has been accepted unless you are contacted by us.
- Tuition and examination fees are due on application.
- No refunds are given once a course has started.
- Please note that all fees and concessionary prices on the Varndean Adult Education website may be subject to change.
Varndean College reserves the right to amend the provision of courses or their content in light of changing circumstances. Courses may be cancelled if enrolments do not meet minimum number requirements. Fee payments are processed on receipt of enrolment but will only be refunded if a course is cancelled. All courses are attended at your own risk. You should speak to your GP if you are unsure about your health for a particular course. You must notify your course tutor of any health conditions you may have prior to embarking on an exercise class.
The Adult Education department must be notified in advance of any special requirements for exam based courses.