Research Methods: Knowledge and understanding of research methods, providing an opportunity to design and evaluate a novel piece of research.
Psychological themes through Core Studies: Focus on some of the central areas of investigation, looking at 'landmark' pieces of research that have helped to shape the course of Psychology. The aim is to develop essential critical thinking and independent learning skills.
Applied Psychology: Exploration of themes and debates to draw students into the heart of psychology.
Unit 1Research methods and techniques
- Data recording, analysis and presentation
- Report writing
- Science in Psychology
- Regions of the Brain
- Brain plasticity
- Understanding disorders
- Responses to people in need
- Responses to people in authority
Unit 3Mental Health
- The biochemical explanation of mental illness
- The cognitive neuroscience explanation of mental illness
- Physiological and non-physiological explanations of criminal behaviour.
- The use of forensic evidence and offender characteristics in crime scene analysis
- How an audience can facilitate or inhibit sports performance
- Benefits of exercise on mental health
I really enjoyed my time at Varndean college, not only do you get a first-class education but you also get so much support from the teaching staff who consistently strive to help you achieve your best possible grade. I don’t think I would be where I am today without the help and support from Varndean College.