Are you keen to pursue an interest in designing and developing computer games? Through practical projects you will learn how computer games are produced and the processes involved including: concept development, design and creation.
Sessions are workshop based so you will have hands on experience of using the industry standard software and workflow techniques. You will produce 2D games, 3D game levels, game design documents, concept art and digital images. Visiting speakers and visits will give you an insight into working in the industry.
You will develop skills in Photoshop, Audacity, Unity, Game Maker, and MS Office.
Computer Game Design
- Underlying principles of game design: Structured gameplay to examine visual style and gameplay.
- Generate your own game design ideas then prepare documentation and pitch to a prospective client
Digital Graphics For Computer Games
- Develop skills in digital imaging software to produce images for computer game products. To include design and creation of concept art and promotional materials.
Computer Game Engines
- Use of 2D and 3D games engines to produce game levels – the main components of game engines. Use a 2D and a 3D engine to produce game worlds.
Sound For Computer Games
- Understand how sound is used and produced in games. Record, edit and create an original sound library for use in your game creation.
This course looked interesting and helpful for getting into the university course I want. I have enjoyed the graphics unit and creating my own games using Game Maker and Unity.Freya Stafford ex Downlands Community School