Are you keen to pursue an interest in designing and developing computer games? Through practical projects you will learn how computer games are produced and the processes involved including: concept development, design and creation.
Sessions are workshop based so you will have hands on experience of using the industry standard software and workflow techniques. You will produce 2D games, 3D game levels, game design documents, concept art and digital images. Visiting speakers and visits will give you an insight into working in the industry.
You will develop skills in Photoshop, Reaper/Audacity, Unity, Game Maker, and MS Office.
Computer Game Design
- Underlying principles of game design: Structured gameplay to examine visual style and gameplay
- Generate your own game design ideas then prepare documentation and pitch to a prospective client
Concept Art for Computer Games
- Develop skills in digital imaging software to produce images for computer game products. To include design and creation of concept art and promotional materials.
- Use Unity to create your own 3D game worlds. Create and import assets for a specific scenario.
Game Engine Scripting
- Use Unity to bring your game to life. Learn basic C# commands to add interactivity to your 3D game.
I enjoy playing computer games and wanted to learn the process required to produce something myself. I most enjoyed the process required to produce a computer game, from the planning materials needed to the design and how to use multiple game engines to code and create the games.