The Principal Welcomes You to Varndean College
Welcome to Varndean College, a sixth form college with a strong academic reputation, located in the lively and cosmopolitan City of Brighton on a very attractive campus surrounded by playing fields and with views of the sea.
The country's Chief Inspector for Schools and Colleges has identified Varndean as a "particularly successful" college. Varndean has a high reputation for examination results and students progress to university and employment - with many of our former students now prominent in public life. Students at Varndean become involved in a wide range of enrichment opportunities in sport, music, drama and societies and there is a lively student union. Support for students is excellent whether this be from personal tutors or using important services such as welfare, careers guidance and additional support for learning, including language support.
Choosing Your Courses
What is it?
- An opportunity to study in English in a UK college for short programmes of 3, 6 or 9 months
- You choose three subjects which you study at level 3 (A-level)
- You also study General English (IELTS) and Sport and Fitness
- You receive a report at the end of your study, but not a formal qualification
- It includes an orientation programme with trips to Brighton, London and Oxford
- You have the support of the College tutorial sessions and the International Team for your care and well-being
- You live with a UK host family
- You need to be age 16 to 18 years old
- Anyone from around the world can apply
- EU students will not need a visa
- Non-EU students will need a visa for a visit of 6 months or longer
- You will need an IELTs grade of 5.5 or above
- To meet our entry requirements, you will need
- Good grades in your latest school report
- A good recommendation from your current school
When is it?
|Academic Year 2019 - 2020 (January 2020 Start)||Total Cost *||Entry Deadline||Deposit Deadline|
|One Term:||Mon 6 Jan 2020 - Fri 3 Apr 2020||£6,185||1 Nov 2019||1 Dec 2019|
|Semester:||Mon 6 Jan 2020 - Fri 22 May 2020||£7,930||1 Nov 2019||1 Dec 2019|
|Two Terms:||Mon 6 Jan 2020 - Fri 12 Jun 2020||£9,735||1 Nov 2019||1 Dec 2019|
|Academic Year 2020 - 2021 (September 2020 Start)||Total Cost *||Entry Deadline||Deposit Deadline|
|One Term:||Fri 4 Sept 2020 - Wed 16 Dec 2020||£6,770||1 June 2020||1 Aug 2020|
|Semester:||Fri 4 Sept 2020 - Fri 22 Jan 2021||£8,290||1 June 2020||1 Aug 2020|
|Two Terms:||Fri 4 Sept 2020 - Thu 1 Apr 2021||£11,090||1 June 2020||1 Aug 2020|
|Three Terms:||Fri 4 Sept 2020 - Fri 28 May 2021||£13,010||1 June 2020||1 Aug 2020|
|Academic Year 2020 - 2021 (January 2021 Start)||Total Cost *||Entry Deadline||Deposit Deadline|
|One Term:||Mon 4 Jan 2021 - Thu 1 Apr 2021||£6,350||1 Nov 2020||1 Dec 2020|
|Semester:||Mon 4 Jan 2021 - Fri 28 May 2021||£8,270||1 Nov 2020||1 Dec 2020|
How to Apply
Complete and scan back to us the downloadable application form, with the following documents.
- A scan of your passport
- A scan of your latest school report with subjects and grades
- A scan of two school recommendations
- A scan of any IELTs or English Language certificate you may have
When we have received your application and supporting documents, we will email you to advise you of the next steps.
Tel: +44 01273 508011